For all practical purposes, the terms “Focus Integrative Healthcare™,” “we,” “us,” and “our” shall refer to Focus Integrative Healthcare™’s legal entity, Focus Enterprises LLC and all employees, independent contractors, and volunteers associated therewith. The terms “user,” “users,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
COMMITMENT TO THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and others with whom we do business. We will not share any personally identifiable information with anyone for any reason without your explicit consent and will keep it confidential, except as required by law. Consent may be expressed in writing or implied, and in some cases, it may be provided verbally, electronically, or through an authorized representative, provided such representative has the appropriate written authorization to do so. You may withdraw your consent to the further use of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions, and upon reasonable notice to us. Upon request, we will explain to the individual any implications of withdrawing consent.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, purchase a consultation or program, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, credit card or bank details, and other information.
We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary to provide appropriate services. The information you provide is used to process transactions, send periodic emails, register clients for our patient portal, and improve the service we provide. We may share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, and servicing clients and visitors. In such cases, these trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use your personal health information to:
- Improve customer service–Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Personalize user experience–We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- Improve our Site–We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- Process payments–We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- Run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature–To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- Send periodic emails–We may use the email address to send Users information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, and/or other emails. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We may also use your personal health information to:
- Provide, coordinate, and manage your health care by one or more health care provider(s), health and fitness coach(es), and/or medical and non-medical assistant(s),
- Recommend changes to your diet and lifestyle,
- Contact you by phone, fax, e-mail, online messaging, and/or other secure messaging to book and confirm appointments, distribute health strategies, plans, reminders and notifications,
- Populate your health and wellness profile and share such information with other health care providers and organizations as reasonably required to deliver our services,
- Track and monitor your ongoing health and wellness,
- Plan, administer and manage our programs and services contracted by you or on your behalf,
- Provide you information about services you receive through our consultations and offices,
- Conduct quality improvement, risk management and error management activities,
- Compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, including providing personal health information to an organization or government body for the purpose of health system planning,
- Obtain payment for your treatment and care, or
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have appropriate security measures and safeguards in place to protect your personal health information in accordance with the sensitivity of the information. We have company-wide policies and procedures in place to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We ensure all our employees and business partners are aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your personal health information, and we will exercise appropriate care in the disposal and/or destruction of personal health information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Unfortunately, even with our data security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Sites at your own risk. We will inform you as soon as we reasonably can if there is any unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
We may upload and store parts of your personal health information to various computer applications in order to provide efficient and shareable services online. Your personal health information may not remain exclusively within one country, as the nature of accessing information online creates this inevitable possibility when accessing information outside of a virtual private network. By providing Personal Information, you are consenting to Focus Integrative Healthcare™ transferring parts of your personal health information onto a secure server that you will have access to online.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
At any time that your personal health information is under our control, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal health information,
- Request a correction to your personal health information if you believe it is inaccurate or incorrect and provide satisfactory proof to correct it, or
- Report the incident if you think your rights have been violated.
Upon written request, we will inform you, as best we can, using reasonable efforts, of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal health information and we will give you access to that information, within a reasonable period of time (within 60 days). We will be glad to assist you in preparing a request if you inform us that you require such assistance.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. You have the ability to unsubscribe from all e-mails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
HOW TO CONTACT US
Focus Integrative Healthcare
P.O. Box 1514
Mission, KS 66222 USA
This document was last updated on December 13, 2016.