At Focus Integrative Healthcare, we are determined to uncover and address the root cause of your health concerns. To do so, we address a variety of different health conditions by taking a functional medicine approach to your care. In many cases, it takes time to find and address underlying factors that may be contributing to disease. Therefore, while we do offer our services via individual appointments, we have found that patients who are determined to get to the bottom of their health concerns and commit to doing so for at least 3 months tend to see the best results.
Because we understand these facts, we created the Thrive Program. The Thrive Program is perfect for patients who are committed to addressing their health concerns and regaining optimal wellness using holistic, minimally-invasive therapies by working with their bodies, and not against them. The Thrive Program provides patients who choose to establish a healing relationship with our practice for 3 months with personalized care through which they can restore balance and live their healthiest life now.
Patients who are determined to get to the bottom of their health concerns and commit to doing so for at least 3 months tend to see the best results.
The 3-month Thrive program :
- 1 new patient appointment,
- 1 lab review appointment,
- 2 follow-up appointments,
- and email access to your doctor for the duration of your program.
Patients who enroll in this program and pay upfront receive a 12% discount on the services listed above.
The Thrive Program is designed to meet the needs of individuals with a variety of different health concerns. Because each person’s needs as far as assessment and treatment are concerned are different, the costs for laboratory testing, personalized herbal formulations, and professional-grade supplements are not included in the cost of the Thrive Program. Depending on your condition and where you are on your journey to wellness, you may also receive therapies such as hydrotherapy and photobiomodulation or services such as health coaching as add-ons to the Thrive Program.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
During your new patient visit, you will spend one hour with your doctor discussing your health concerns. You and your doctor will:
- Discuss your symptoms and health history in detail
- Conduct appropriate physical examinations
- Review your medical records
- Order any laboratory work necessary
- Provide you with either a preliminary treatment plan if additional lab work is necessary to effectively treat your condition or a comprehensive treatment plan provided your doctor received your medical records and/or sufficient recent lab work from you prior to your appointment
- Treatment plans may include:
- dietary and lifestyle recommendations,
- recommendations for specific nutrients and supplements to support and expedite healing,
- customized herbal formulations tailored to your health needs,
- specific therapies,
- or a combination of all of these
What to Expect at Your Lab Review & Follow-Up Appointments
During your lab review visit, you will spend 25 minutes with your doctor. Your doctor will:
- Review the labs that were run at your initial appointment
- Provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan if this was not done at your first appointment
During your follow-up visits, you will spend 45 minutes with your doctor. Your doctor will:
- Conduct appropriate physical examinations and run additional labs to monitor your progress
- Tailor your current treatment plan to your changing health needs
- Address any new concerns that may arise
- Perform or facilitate recommended therapies
- Work with you on decreasing your medication if indicated
Conditions We Treat that Work Well With the Thrive Program
- Acid reflux
- Adrenal fatigue
- Cardiovascular disease
- Celiac disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Common cold
- Crohn’s disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Food sensitivities/intolerances
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Joint pain
- Medical weight management
- Menopausal/peri-menopausal symptoms
- Metabolic syndrome
- Muscle/Body aches
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sexual dysfunction
- Ulcerative colitis
- Uterine fibroids
Thrive Program FAQs
Before your first appointment, you need to complete and submit your patient agreement and your intake form. After scheduling your appointment, you will receive two emails. The first email will contain instructions and the second email will contain a link to the Patient Portal where you can complete and submit these forms online. Both forms must be completed and submitted at least 24 hours before your first appointment. For more detailed information on the submissions required of you, click here.
You can expect to spend one hour discussing your health at the first appointment.
Patients have the option of having follow-up appointments either in-person or via our secure telemedicine platform. In preparation for your telemedicine appointment, you should access the Telemed Portal at least ten minutes before your appointment time by visiting the link you received via email. Clicking this link will take you to the Focus Integrative Healthcare virtual waiting room, at which time you will be prompted to enter your name so that your doctor knows that you have checked into the waiting room. At your appointment time, your doctor will invite you to your secure video-conference appointment.
The Telemed Portal supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers on desktop. Unfortunately, the Telemed platform does not currently support the latest version of Android mobile devices. For this reason, we do not recommend using Android devices at this time.
If you experience technical difficulties when trying to connect for your appointment, you should call the office as soon as possible at (913) 353-6775. Once connected, we will try to assist you in connecting to the Telemed platform. If you are unable to connect or if you call after your appointment start time, we will proceed with your appointment via telephone.
At Focus Integrative Healthcare™, we are committed to providing each of our patients with exceptional care. If you cancel without giving enough notice, you are preventing another patient from being seen during your scheduled appointment time. In order to ensure that we make the best use of our time and are able to provide the best care to our patients, we require 24 hours notice received during our normal business hours for canceled or rescheduled appointments. If you fail to notify us of a missed appointment 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time, you will be charged a $50 late cancellation fee. If you attempt to reschedule your appointment without giving 24 hours advance notice, you will be required to pay the $50 fee before your appointment can be rescheduled.