Integrative Mental Health (IMH) Program
The IMH Program is a 6-month, integrative physical and mental health program that was born out of three realizations. The first realization that contributed to the birth of the IMH Program was the fact that quality, trauma-informed psychiatric and general healthcare that appropriately addresses the whole person—not simply physical health and not mental health alone—is difficult to find.
The second realization that contributed to the birth of the IMH Program is the fact that while integrated physical and mental healthcare that takes a functional medicine approach to wellness truly brings about amazing results, no one develops a physical or mental health condition in a day, and resolving such concerns takes time as well; it can take several months of integrative treatment or sometimes longer for you to start feeling like yourself again.
The third realization is the fact that functional medicine oftentimes comes with unexpected additional costs to the patient. These costs can include specialty lab testing, professional-grade supplements, provider visits, and more. In an attempt to address these common problems, we created the IMH Program.
Through the IMH Program, we offer individualized integrative and holistic treatment for people with anxiety (generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder), depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and bipolar disorder, and other mental health concerns.
The majority of patients who apply for the 6-month IMH Program have mental and physical health concerns such as diabetes, hypertension, autoimmune diseases, and more. We address each patient’s physical and mental health concerns during their individual functional medicine visits.
We use a functional medicine approach to address underlying causes of your physical and mental concerns and help you get well sooner using the least invasive and most effective therapies. The IMH Program is an all-inclusive, 6-month program that includes:
- individual functional medicine appointments with your doctor;
- indicated routine blood work;
- specialty functional medicine testing;
- health coaching / meal planning sessions;
- individualized, professional-grade supplementation;
- personalized herbal formulations;
- body reset cleanse;
- photobiomodulation therapy sessions;
- hydrotherapy sessions;
- IMH program manual;
- allotted time for phone calls to your doctor;
- and more.
During the 6-month IMH Program, you and Dr. Louis, author of Optimize Your Body, Heal Your Mind, will address your health by navigating through the P7 Protocol™ for integrated mental wellness, which includes:
- Predispositions: address individual genetics and other factors unique to you that may directly affect your mental health in a variety of ways or increase the likelihood of unwanted side effects from any medication you are taking
- Pathways: address biochemical pathways including neurotransmitter imbalances, glycemic control, thyroid dysfunction, reproductive hormone imbalances, and more for optimal mental wellness
- Profiles: optimize digestion, address gut health and your microbiome, address inflammation levels, assess for and address heavy metal toxicity and mold/biotoxin illness when present, identify and treat dysbiosis and underlying infections, and address other factors that are frequently overlooked while wreaking havoc on mental health
- Personalization: construct a personalized dietary and lifestyle assessment in order to lay the foundation for optimal mental and overall wellbeing
- Panoptic inventory: address physical health concerns, past trauma, and negative emotions that may serve as a barrier to healing
- Professionals: provide additional support by means of other professionals (psychiatrists, counselors/therapists, massage therapists, etc.) as needed
- Prescriptions: assist patients with either tapering off psychiatric medications or integrating them with their naturopathic care
If you’d like to receive additional information about the IMH Program, enter your email address below.
Integrative Mental Health Program FAQs
The IMH Program is designed so that anyone who is able to come in to our Kansas City (Overland Park) office at least once for their initial appointment can participate in the remainder of program and still receive great benefit. This allows individuals who live out-of-state and those whose schedules may not be as flexible to still receive the benefits of improved physical, mental, spiritual, and social health associated with participation in the program. At your first appointment, we will perform indicated physical examinations, run baseline labs and specialty testing, and provide you with your other program materials. All program participants have the option of conducting follow-up appointments either in-person or virtually through our secure telemedicine platform.
If you would like additional information about the IMH Program, enter your email address in the bar above and click send.
Before your first appointment, you need to complete and submit your patient agreement and your intake questionnaire. You will receive email instructions as well as an invitation to the patient portal where you will submit your questionnaire. If you have any questions regarding submission, please contact our office as soon as possible, as your questionnaire must be submitted at least 24 hours prior to your first appointment.
You can expect to spend one hour discussing your health at the first appointment.
Patients have the option of having follow-up appointments either in-person or via our secure telemedicine platform. In preparation for your telemedicine appointment, you should access the Telemed Portal at least ten minutes before your appointment time by visiting the link you received via email. Clicking this link will take you to the Focus Integrative Healthcare virtual waiting room, at which time you will be prompted to enter your name so that your doctor knows that you have checked into the waiting room. At your appointment time, your doctor will invite you to your secure video-conference appointment.
The Telemed Portal supports Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers on desktop. Unfortunately, the Telemed platform does not currently support the latest version of Android mobile devices. For this reason, we do not recommend using Android devices at this time.
If you experience technical difficulties when trying to connect for your appointment, you should call the office as soon as possible at (913) 353-6775. Once connected, we will try to assist you in connecting to the Telemed platform. If you are unable to connect or if you call after your appointment start time, we will proceed with your appointment via telephone.
At Focus Integrative Healthcare™, we are committed to providing each of our patients with exceptional care. If you cancel without giving enough notice, you are preventing another patient from being seen during your scheduled appointment time. In order to ensure that we make the best use of our time and are able to provide the best care to our patients, we require 24 hours notice received during our normal business hours for canceled or rescheduled appointments. If you fail to notify us of a missed appointment 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time, you will be charged a $75 late cancellation fee. If you attempt to reschedule your appointment without giving 24 hours advance notice, you will be required to pay the $75 fee before your appointment can be rescheduled.